Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Why Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth? You will hear heartbreaking stories by spending a day in Lumino’s office answering phone calls and emails. Some of these are individuals from whom DE will hopefully stop annoying indeterminate itching, relieve ever-increasing pain, or something as simple as making their fingernails strong and beautiful. The most rewarding conversations are the ones where DE has been a solution that finally worked.
- Diatomaceous Earth packaged under the Lumino label comes from a highly pure fresh water deposit. It is almost pure white and has at least 85% Silicon Dioxide.
- Darker colored Diatomaceous Earth often contains an excess of other minerals such as iron or a high percentage of clay.
DISCLAIMER: Any food-grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly based on other people’s personal experiences.
Lumino DE is mined, crushed, and packaged in the USA and has tons of uses!
- A Natural Deodorizer for the Garbage Can — Sprinkle DE in the bottom of the garbage can to deodorize.
- Kitty Litter Box — Mix a handful of DE with kitty litter. It not only deodorizes but also absorbs moisture. DE is odorless, so it will not deter cats from using the box.
- Vacuum Cleaner Bags — Place two tablespoons of DE in a vacuum bag or canister to deodorize. Replenish when half full.
- Refrigerator — Use as you would baking soda.
- Footwear — Sprinkle in shoes, leave overnight, shake out well, then wipe up residue.
- Non-toxic Cleanser and Absorbent Soft Scrub Cleanser — Mix DE with dish soap to make a paste, adding a few drops of vinegar if desired. Muddy Footprints on Carpet — Sprinkle DE powder on wet or dry mud spots. Apply with stiff broom or brush without rubbing — vacuum in 1-2 hours or when dust and mud appear dry.
- A Glorious Garden Preserve and Flower Bulbs Storage Medium — Sprinkle bulbs lightly with DE. Store in an air-permeable bag, hang in a dry place for airflow.
- Amendment for Soil — For houseplants, use mix of 1/4 DE to 3/4 soil. As a soil conditioner if helps break up clay and retains moisture in light or sandy soils. Its 14 trace minerals will help amend depleted soils.
Cautions: Only use as directed on the packaging. Do not inhale. May cause eye or respiratory irritation. Call a health professional if irritation persists. Wear a suitable dust mask when using this product for prolonged periods — made in the USA. Chemical-free, non-toxic, and safe.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Ingredients
Pure food-grade diatomaceous earth (at least 85% silicon dioxide).
Country of Origin: USA
Gluten-Free Product: Yes
Dairy-Free Product: Yes
Yeast-Free Product: Yes
Wheat-Free Product: Yes
Vegan Product: Yes
Size: 9 Ounce
Pack of: 1
Shipping Details: Each
- Weight: 0.8 oz
- Width: 3.75 in
- Depth: 6 in
- Height: 6 in